Old versionsSee all
Blog Navigator is a program designed to make it easy for users who enjoy reading blogs (short for 'web logs') to read and organize them. Blog Navigator works by reading RSS feeds and displaying them in a clean, easy to understand way. It includes a host of different news and blog sites for users to read through.
Blog Navigator is arguably the most advanced program of its kind and it's free. For example, Blog Navigator has the ability to pre-load all the articles on a given blog site to speed up reading. It also has a host of off-line reading features in which a blog site can be exported into a magazine-like format.
Notable features of Blog Navigator include:
- It's free! (as in really free, no 'ads', no spyware, no nonsense)
- Can pre-load an entire blog site to make reading much faster
- Included Tabbed browser makes it easy to switch between multiple blog sites
- Blog sites can be exported to a magazine-like format for off-line reading
- Built in tools for searching the entire blogsphere
- Different blog sites can be grouped together to create virtual web magazines
- Interesting articles can be dragged and dropped into a basket for safe keeping
- Auto-RSS detection. Websites that have RSS feeds on them can be automatically detected in many cases
- Can import OPML and other common files (makes it easy to share settings between various RSS readers)
Just a few of the version 1.2 adds/changes/fixes:
- Added support blog editing in offline mode with postponed article sending.
- Added "Print", "Print preview"" and "Page setup" to "File" menu.
- Added support for enclosures (podcasting). Users can now download any files attached to their RSS feeds.
- Menus for selection of style of article or newspaper/group displaying now indicates what style is selected.
- Added ability to mark a Favorite as important (flag it).
- Added an option to create favorites folders just like any other BN folders.
- Save as added to Article editor.